Not only is it my birthday today but I had a lovely surprise of being nominated by Pumpkin and Peanut Butter for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! How exciting!! This award is so cool because it recognizes the unique voices of women across the world. Blogging is not easy, especially one where you’re sharing recipes. Putting yourself (and your food) out there is risky and is vulnerable to criticism and negativity. Obviously not everyone is going to like what you have to say or share. I’m still learning the tricks of the trade each and everyday but I am thankful for the supportive foodie community I have encountered! Thanks again Pumpkin and Peanut Butter for this nomination! 🙂 Check out her site for some hearty vegan meals that are perfect for this cold winter weather! They just scream cozy!
Here’s the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate seven blogs.
5. Ask ten questions to your nominees.
Questions from Pumpkin and Peanut Butter
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
-British Columbia. I’m told if I go there I will never return. Beautiful mountains, forests, and the ocean all at your finger tips. It’s hippie land. Yoga and lots of vegans!!
2. What is your favorite Oscar-Nominated movie this year?
-To be honest, I didn’t even watch the oscars or know which movies were nominated.. I don’t watch much T.V. Too busy with school, work, yoga, cooking, friends, and family!
3. City girl or country girl?
-A little bit of both! I love the options and adventures a city presents but I definitely appreciate and NEED exposure to nature and the serenity that brings.
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
-I love the sense of community! There are so many supportive and inspiring bloggers out there. It’s amazing to see how many like-minded people there are out there! Especially from all over the world.
5. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?
-No one is jumping out at me.. I think if I met anyone famous I would be so nervous and tongue-tied I wouldn’t even know what to say! haha
6. Vegetables or fruit?
-Fruit! You could say I have a bit of a sweet tooth.. And there’s nothing more refreshing and satisfying than juicy fresh fruit.
7. Coffee or tea?
-Oo this is a tough one.. I love both! I think I’d have to say coffee.. I’ve tried giving it up so many times and I just can’t seem to go without. Coffee is my morning drink and tea for the afternoon/evening. It just tastes so yummy! Especially with coconut milk 😉
8. What is one goal you have for your blog this year?
-I feel like I’m always setting so many goals for my blog. A big one is to improve my photography and food arrangements. It’s such an art and takes time and effort! I’d also like to improve my blog so it’s more user-friendly!
9. What is your drink of choice?
-Other than coffee I would choose smoothies! There are so many combinations to try it’s impossible to get bored. Plus they are loaded with nutrients.
10. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
-A bad habit that I’m trying to break.. Check my phone! lol Instagram…
–Strength and Sunshine
–Sophies Foodie Files
–Her Balanced Life
–The Green Bowl
–Seasonal Veg Head
–the Plant Strong Vegan
My Questions for You…
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What would be your dream job?
- How would your friends describe you in three words?
- Could you go without chocolate for the rest of your life?
- What is your favourite meal of the day?
- What are your goals for your blog this year?
- If you could be any animal what would it be?
- If you’re not caught in the kitchen where would you most likely be?
- Guilty pleasure..?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I look forward to reading your responses! 🙂