As much as September means the end of summer vacation and the beginning of school craziness, I kind of get excited when the time approaches. Not that I don’t enjoy being off in the summer, I simply find it a great opportunity to get back/on track with routines and habits that might have slipped over the vacation months. It’s a fresh start where you can be diligent, intentional, and aware. Day-to-day will change and with that bring new challenges and expectations. However, it’s important that among the craziness of school, work, or recreational activities that we remain mindful. Remain in the present moment as much as possible and recognize what thoughts/feelings/emotions may be flowing through us at a given time. It’s too easy to get annoyed, impatient, distracted, or rushed through out our day, that we lose sight of our inner light and the being that we are. A wonderful thought that I came across and that I’m challenging myself with this September (and I challenge you as well) is: “A conscious, permanent, inner light of awareness pervades the impermanent, changing universe”. Remember this when you’re feeling overwhelmed by the day’s demands. And make your life easier and give these muffins a try. They make awesome ready-to-go snacks!!
Yield: 12 muffins
- 3/4 c almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 c rice flour
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- 1 c blueberries
- Preheat oven at 350. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set it aside
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon
- In a smaller bowl, stir the vanilla, coconut oil, mashed bananas, and maple syrup
- In the large bowl with the dry ingredients form a well (hole in the middle of the mixture). Pour the almond milk mixture into the well. Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir well.
- Once mixed, stir in the walnuts and blueberries
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before enjoying/storing!