Crazy enough fall is just around the corner!! As much as I love summer there are many aspects of fall that I appreciate and love! I’ve learned to be happy with every season, no matter what crazy weather might accompany it. This earth is full of beautiful and crazy natural processes and phenomenons, we simply have to learn how to appreciate them and reflect on why they occur. Everything happens for a reason and everything has a purpose. Do you take the time to reflect on why things happen? Or why things are a certain way? What influence do we have on these processes and phenomenons? As humans we are blessed to have knowledge, power, and choices to a certain degree but we often use them irresponsibly. I strongly believe we are the cause for certain unfortunate events. We are letting evil take over in the form of greed. We must become a society that loves, cares, trusts, and believes.
Anyways, enough reflection for one day! Here is my Pumpkin French Toast to prepare you for the upcoming season!
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 8 pieces of gluten-free bread
- Using a blender or hand held electric mixer combine all ingredients (except bread obviously). Transfer into a large dish.
- Heat a skillet or large pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil at medium-high heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the pumpkin mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium, and transfer bread to the skillet/pan to cook.
- Cook each side of the bread for approximately a minute or so.. Or until golden.