Why are people always in such a hurry? As if life isn’t fast-paced enough.. I can’t believe how many impatient people there are. I’m the one that people pass on the road because I’m driving “too slow”, although I’m driving the appropriate speed limit. However, I’m the one who enjoys the scenery, spots beautiful wild life, and makes the best of my journeys. That’s the problem with our fast paced society. We’re always so concerned and focused on where we need to be and often forget about our journey getting there. There’s nothing I love more than when someone drives around me because I’m “too slow” just to end up at the same red light. I can’t help but laugh and think “What’s the point? Did you really get ahead?” People, stop being so impatient, so rushed, and egocentric. Life is too short and what’s the point? Slow down and enjoy your journey!
- 1 1/2 c oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/3 c walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 c peaches, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 peach, sliced
- Preheat oven at 350
- Grease a 9X5 loaf pan with coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and walnuts. Stir
- In a separate bowl combine the coconut milk, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, and peaches.
- Pour the oat mixture into the pan. Spread evenly. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Top with sliced peaches.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden.
Enjoy warm or cold!