I am not usually much of a “dipper” (except for hummus) but tonight I had a major urge for sweet potato fries and a dipping sauce, which I often see served at restaurants. Typically ketchup or mayo-based options are available for dipping fries. However, since I don’t eat mayo and there’s nothing too special about ketchup (other than the fact it’s loaded with sugar and salt) I came up with a very satisfying alternative. This avocado aioli is great for dipping but would also make a great spread on sandwiches or crackers. When in doubt, I turn to avocados. They are great for sneaking into any recipe to add flavour, substance, and healthy fats!
Health Benefits of Avocados:
-promotes heart health
-blood sugar regulation
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into strips (number of sweet potatoes may vary)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 c vegan mayonaise (I use vegenaise)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven at 400
- In a mixing bowl add the sweet potato strips, olive oil, and salt. Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until crispy
- Using a hand-held mixer or blender combine the remaining ingredients to make the ailoi
- Once the sweet potatoes are nice and crisp, dip away!